Computerized Estimating Level 100 - Takeoff
This computerized estimating course is designed to teach novice estimators sound principles and proven methodologies of hands-on professional estimating. This intensive course will set students on the path to becoming more proficient and productive estimators by focusing on estimating techniques that emphasize accuracy and detail during takeoff. In addition to being taught hands-on techniques for counting and measuring materials during the takeoff phase, students are shown how to organize those takeoffs into logical and functional breakdowns, setting the stage for proper bid review, material co-ordination, scheduling, and effective project management.
Throughout the five-day course, students will exercise these principles and techniques by performing an instructor-led real-world type estimate from start to finish, using the latest in state-of-the-art software, tools, and materials.
Upon successful course completion the student will have sufficient knowledge to complete an estimate and prepare a formal bid with confidence.
- Bid Document Review (drawings, specifications, and addenda)
- Review of the whole estimating process
- Practical takeoff methods unique to common systems
- Reviewing bill of materials
- Bid closing procedure
- Bid preparation and submittal
What can you learn from Accubid's Computerized Estimating courses?
- Project initiation procedures
- Understanding specifications
- Understanding estimate setup procedures
- How to break down a project
- Systematic takeoff and verification
- Understanding the bid closing procedure to arrive at a price
- Understanding computerized estimating software
- Takeoff modification procedures
- Advanced sorting and filtering procedures
- How to analyze labor, material, equipment, and other costs
- How to validate an estimate to ensure accuracy
- Learn functions related to estimating such as bonding, RFQs, RFIs, etc.
- Gain new insights into the estimating process
- Learn in one week what would otherwise take months and possibly years!
Duration of the Course: 5 days
Who Should Attend: Project managers, journeymen, novice estimators, junior estimators and estimators unfamiliar with computerized estimating software
Prerequisites: Experience in the contracting industry and the ability to read blueprints, working knowledge of computers in a Windows environment