Computerized Estimating Level 200 - Closing the Bid
This computerized estimating course forms part of the Accubid Certified Estimator program, and is designed to build upon the estimating principles and methodologies taught in the level 100 course. Students will learn invaluable lessons which will further refine their estimating abilities and take their expertise to the next level.
This learning takes place through an instructor-led series of structured lessons containing lectures and exercises which delve into issues that intermediate to senior estimators encounter daily. These issues include addressing pre-bid changes, bid analysis, unit prices, labor costing, material and labor escalation, bid summaries, and allocating overhead and profit, just to name a few.
Upon course completion, students will discover the knowledge and experience they have learned will have direct relevance to their daily work the result of which will pay dividends for both themselves and their companies.
- Review and expand estimating principles and methodologies
- Mastering takeoff modifications
- Understanding labor costs
- Incidental items and general expenses
- Coding material and labor
- Bid analysis and review
- Unit prices
- Labor and material escalation
- Creating multiple bid summaries
- Overhead and profit
What can you learn from Accubid's Computerized Estimating courses?
- Project initiation procedures
- Understanding specifications
- Understanding estimate setup procedures
- How to break down a project
- Systematic takeoff and verification
- Understanding the bid closing procedure to arrive at a price
- Understanding computerized estimating software
- Takeoff modification procedures
- Advanced sorting and filtering procedures
- How to analyze labor, material, equipment, and other costs
- How to validate an estimate to ensure accuracy
- Learn functions related to estimating such as bonding, RFQs, RFIs, etc.
- Gain new insights into the estimating process
- Learn in one week what would otherwise take months and possibly years!
Duration of the Course: 3 days
Who Should Attend: Project managers, estimators
Prerequisites: Computerized Estimating Level 100, hands on estimating experience.